Currently, home to school transportation is provided at no charge for students that attend Sanger schools and reside in the transportable zone as defined below and measured by the most direct route from the school property to the student’s home.
Foggy Day Schedule
For live updates call the SUSD Fog Line at (559) 524-6658
Bus Stop & Schedules
School Bus 101
Non-busing zone to a school or bus stop
- TK/Kindergarten: one-half (1/2) mile
- First grade thru Sixth grade: three-quarter (3/4) mile
- Seventh grade thru Eighth grade: one and one-half (1-1/2) miles
- Ninth grade thru Twelfth grade: two (2) miles
Suggestions When Utilizing School Bus Transportation
- Know the route number before school starts.
- Leave home early enough to arrive at your bus stop five minutes before the school bus arrives. Buses will depart the the stops at the designated stop times (see bus schedule).
- Wait for your bus in a safe place –well off the roadway.
- If you arrive at your bus stop on time and the bus is running late, please be patient.
- Assist in keeping your bus clean.
- Be courteous to your school bus driver and fellow passengers.
- Be alert for traffic when leaving the bus.
- If your student is over 15 minutes later than their normal arrival time, you may call Transportation at 524-6650 for the latest information regarding their bus.
Some of the danger zones children are commonly found in while loading or unloading the bus are as follows
Never stop and play in the following zones:
- Directly in front of the bus.
- The area near the entrance door.
- The area near the front tires (on either side of the bus)
- The area near the rear tires (on either side of the bus)
- Directly behind the bus.
Walking to and from School Bus Stops
- Use crosswalks and/or intersections to cross streets. Do not cross in the middle of the block.
- Use sidewalks where available. If no sidewalks are available, do not walk in the roadway.
- Arrive at the bus stop five (5) minutes prior to stop time.
- If you are late to the bus and need to cross the street, wait for your bus driver to escort you across the street.
- Never run to or from the bus.
- Go directly home.
Below are bus rules with which your child should become familiar
These rules are necessary for the safety of all the children and will be enforced:
- Students must remain seated at all times while the bus is in motion.
- Smoking is prohibited at all times. Eating and drinking is prohibited when the bus is in operation. No gum chewing is allowed on the bus.
- Fighting and scuffling are forbidden.
- No part of the body (hand, arm, head, etc.) may be extended outside the bus at any time.
- Profanity or indecent language will not be permitted in or near the bus.
- Loud and boisterous noises will not be permitted.
- Pupils wearing athletic footwear with metal cleats or spikes will not be permitted to enter the bus.
- Animals are not permitted on the bus (dead or alive).
- Nothing will be transported inside the bus that could be hazardous or dangerous to the students or staff of Sanger Unified School District. No items will be transported that could obstruct the driver’s view. This includes, but is not limited to, balloons, skateboards, band instruments, athletic equipment, etc. Oversized band instruments and athletic equipment may be carried in the luggage section of the bus.
- No glass in any shape or form will be permitted on the bus.
- Students should be at the bus stop five (5) minutes before the scheduled arrival time of the bus. One student delay may cause the students to be late to school.
- Each person will be held financially responsible for any property, which he/she defaces or damages.
Bus Pass Ridership Information
- All students are required to carry a Bus Pass.
- All students are required to tap on & off the bus.
- One replacement card is allotted for lost Bus Passes.
- Multiple lost/damaged or forgotten Bus Passes will result in discipline and/or financial implications.
- Students are only allowed to utilize on bus stop.
- Bus stops are assigned to the closes stop to the student’s home.